How do I receive an absentee ballot?

Absentee ballots must either be mailed or you can stop in the Clerk’s office and vote in person at the office. You cannot stop in the office and pick one up. A request must be received for an absentee ballot. Ballots are available approximately three weeks before an election. A photo ID is now required.  Absentee ballot request form available at www.state.wi.org.

How do I register to vote?

You can register to vote in the Clerk’s Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, or on election days at the polling place. You must have some form of identification which shows your current address (proof of residence) such as a driver’s license, I.D. card, or a current bill with your address.

How many alderpersons does the City have?

The City Council consists of eight alderpersons- two for each aldermanic district. One alderperson is elected from each aldermanic district each year for a two-year term.

How many aldermanic districts are in the City?

The City has four aldermanic districts. Click here for map.

How many wards are in the City of Kaukauna?

The City consists of 16 wards.  The portion of the City in Outagamie County is Wards 1 through 11 and Wards 13 through 15, and the portion of the City in Calumet County is Ward 12. Click here for a map.

What class is the City?

Kaukauna is a City of the Third Class.

What do I need to get a dog license?

You must provide proof that your dog received the rabies vaccination. Dog licenses are available at the Clerk’s office. Fees are as follows:

  • $5.00 for spayed/neutered and microchipped
  • $15.00 for spayed/neutered and not microchipped
  • $10.00 for unspayed/unneutered and microchipped
  • $20.00 for unspayed/unneutered and not microchipped.

If license is not obtained by April 1st, a $5.00 late fee is assessed.

What form of government does the City have?

The City of Kaukauna has the Mayor/Council form of government.

What if I’d like my property assessment value reviewed?

The City’s contracted Assessor places the assessment value on the property. If, after talking with the Assessor, you do not agree with the assessed value, your next step is to complete an “Objection Form.” This form must be filed before you appear at the Board of Review meeting. The meeting is usually scheduled during the month of May (call the City Assessor or the Clerk for additional information).

Where is the polling place for my district/ward?

Districts 1 and 2 vote in City Hall in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Services Building. 144 W. Second Street, and Districts 3 and 4 vote at Kaukauna Street/Parks/Recreation Building in the Community Room, 207 Reaume Ave.  Polls open – 7 am to 8 pm