The 2024 Proposed budget is completed and can be viewed here.
This budget public hearing will be on November 21, 2023, at 7:00 P.M. at the council meeting at the Municipal Services Building, 144 W Second Street.
In this proposed budget, the levy dollars increased $696,257 and the assessed tax rate for the City of Kaukauna is proposed to increase by 4.95%. The City mill rate is expected to increase from $9.43 to $9.90 (+$0.46). The total assessed tax rate for the City overlapping municipal tax jurisdictions that include County, School District and Technical College is projected to increase 7-8% or $1.63/$1,000. The expected overlapping tax rate is expected to be $19.80-20.45 , up from last year’s rate of $18.82.
Things happening in this budget include:
- A larger increase in Equalized Value within the City of Kaukauna at 16.3%.
- Increases and decreases in various Tax revenues
- Increase in state aid
- Inflation with Goods and Services the City purchases
- Navigating the City personnel and staffing levels with the current labor market and needs within the City
- Reduction in Building Inspection costs
- Equalized vs. Assessment Ratio is again out of Compliance at 82.7%. Revaluation will be discussed in the near future
Needs being addressed in this budget:
- Adding Communication Manager Position
- Adding additional hours to library to remain open on Saturdays during the summer
- Implementing Strategic Plan Objectives
- Updating Park Plan
- City Website Redesign
***Note the numbers above are estimates and are not yet final. Any change to the levy or estimated values that are being used will change the final number. These numbers should be used for conversational purposes only.****
Understand where your tax dollars are being spent. Look up your property here – Tax Bill Breakdown.