Permit Application Forms
All residential and commercial permit applications are available online through Cloudpermit. *Note, you must create an account with Cloudpermit to move forward with an application. The same account can be used for any future permits.
The following permit applications are most commonly done by homeowners, and can be completed online here.
- Deck Permit
- Detached Garage Permit | Note: Sheds larger than 170 SF constitute a detached garage in the City of Kaukauna
- Driveway Permit | Application to install a new driveway or modify an existing driveway
- Fence Permit
- Pool Permit
- Raze (Demolition) Permit | Application to remove an existing structure
- Shed Permit
- Siding Permit
The following permit applications are typically done by a licensed professional (such as a professional plumber or electrician), and can be completed online here.
- Electrical Permit
- HVAC Permit
- Plumbing Permit
Residential Project Regulations
These regulations govern the most common projects completed by homeowners.
As of July 7, 2021, new driveways and modifications to existing driveways require a building permit.
- Residential Pool Regulations
- Residential Deck Regulations
- Residential Detached Garage and Storage Shed Regulations
- Residential Fence Regulations
- Residential Concrete FAQ – Permits and Rules
Residential / Commercial Building Permit Applications
The following permit applications need to be done by a UDC/UCC-certified contractor, can be completed online here.
- Residential / Commercial (New Construction) Building Permit
- Residential / Commercial (Remodel / Alteration) Building Permit
- Commercial Sign Permit
- Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit | Required for new residential or commercial construction
- Form SBD 118 Application for Review – Buildings, HVAC, Fire and Components
- CLEAR WATER DISCHARGE REGULATIONS | Section 14.161 of the Municipal Code regarding Clear Water Discharge.